M&E Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||M&E Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum + comprehensive company benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sam Larking|
|Job Published:||May 31, 2018 13:05|
M&E Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 + comprehensive company benefits
This leading global Project Management & Cost Consultancy practice are looking to add to their specialist Data Centre Quantity Surveyor team, to work in close contact with their clients, managing all costing aspects of a data centre construction project. The successful M&E Quantity Surveyor professional will be responsible from the initial design stages, right through to completion and sometimes even through the operation and maintenance phases.
Overview of Role:
This unique and challenging opening for a Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor will see the successful applicant take responsibility for a number of data centre projects, to act as the sole contact for each client, as well as supporting the existing teams in delivering the currently running data centre projects.
The specialist team of Mission Critical Quantity Surveyors will largely focus on data centre projects but may also get the opportunity to work on a variety of different technical projects such as Commercial, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare, across new build and refurbishments, all of which will range from £5m to £500m in value.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Complying with already established procurement/commercial/contractual strategies.
- Management of resources, workload planning and delivery of commissions.
- Support the preparation of fee submissions and proposals.
- To manage and deliver commissions from appointment through to delivery in line with company processes, policies and high standards.
- Play a part in account management and strategic relationship building with client organisations.
- Cost Planning tasks including preparing cost budgets, appraisals and value engineering
- Value engineering
- Procurement activities such as preparing and issuing tender documents, preparation of contract documents and running a competitive tender process
- Post Contract Quantity Surveying duties such as scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments, preparing of certificates, producing cost reports and cost forecasting.
The desired M&E Quantity Surveyor will demonstrate a proactive and positive approach to the role, and will offer the following experience and qualifications:
- Experience working for a consultancy.
- Data centre experience essential.
- UK working experience as a Quantity Surveyor (Cost professional) with relevant experience in M&E / Building Services.
- MRICS or working towards.
- Technical background with a degree in quantity surveying, engineering, or another construction related subject or equivalent.
- Pre and Post contract experience of large complex schemes in the range of £5m - £500m.
- Cost planning and managing a design to budget experience on projects autonomously.
- Excellent communicator with strong IT and interpersonal skills.
To apply for the position of Associate M&E Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Sam on 01189 522 240 or email a copy of your CV to
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£300 - £325 per day
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car/car allowance + benefits
Up to £45000 per annum + Company car/Allowance, Pension, Healthcare
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + car/car allowance + benefits
£30000.00 - £40000 per annum + car allowance