M&E Resident Engineer
|Job Title:||M&E Resident Engineer|
|Location:||West Sussex, England|
|Salary:||£400 - £480 per day|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||November 24, 2017 16:23|
M&E Clerk of Works
Rate: £400 - £480 per day.
Contract Length: 3 months, but with lots of scope for extension.
Job Ref: JR653151
Our Client is one of the leading multinational consultancies with a well-established, multi-disciplined team consisting of Project Mangers, Cost Professionals, Building Services Design Engineers, Architects, and Planners operating across specialist sectors such as Data Centres not just in the UK but throughout Europe.
Our client is looking for an M&E Clerk of Works to work in the West Sussex area to help ensure the data centre project there is complete to full standards and on time for their 3 month project completion date.
What the job will involve:
The M&E Clerk of Works will:
- The M&E Clerk of Works will need to check all works completed on site and tell contractors when jobs are being completed incorrectly.
- Make sure that work is carried out to the client's standards, specification, correct materials, workmanship and schedule.
- Become familiar with all the relevant drawings and written instructions, checking them and using them as a reference when inspecting work
- Be familiar with legal requirements and checking that the work complies with them.
The ideal M&E Clerk of Works:
- Minimum 25 years' experience working in the UK construction industry within Building Services / MEP
- Ideally a background as a Commissioning Manager in Building Services. D&B contractor background is ideal however a consultancy Commissioning Manager with site experience will be considered.
- Must offer current or recent experience working on data centres.
- Preferably electrical bias, but mechanical bias Engineers will still be considered so long as they have good knowledge of across MEP.
- Able to confidently and diplomatically instruct and guide the principal contractor.
To apply for the position of M&E Resident Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe on 01189 522 240 or email a copy of your CV to
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.