Mechanical Commissioning Manager
|Job Title:||Mechanical Commissioning Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester, N. W. England, England|
|Salary:||£400 - £450 per day + Accommodation, travel, living allowance|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||September 11, 2019 11:30|
Mechanical Commissioning Manager
Day Rate: £400 - £450 per day + Accommodation, Flights, Travel, and Living Allowance
Contract Length: 3 months with the option to extend and work elsewhere in Europe
Job Ref: HH68917
A specialist critical systems consultancy is urgently looking for an experienced Mechanical biased Commissioning Manager to join their team in Denmark. This is an excellent opportunity to work on a hyper-scale data centre construction project for a global end client. The Commissioning Manager will be working with both the end client directly as well as liaising with the general contractor to ensure that the commissioning process runs smoothly. The successful Mechanical Commissioning Manager will join an existing Mechanical team of 10 with the sole responsibility of 1 Junior Mechanical Commissioning Engineer.
The Mechanical Commissioning Manager will be based in Denmark on a two-week rotation basis (travel home Thursday afternoon, travel back Monday morning). On top of a daily pay rate, accommodation, flights, and travel are all provided in addition to a daily living allowance.
Key Responsibilities of the Mechanical Commissioning Manager
The Commissioning Manager will be expected to:
- Seeing that commitments to the client are delivered on time to requisite levels of detail and quality.
- Oversee and supervise a Junior Commissioning Engineer.
- With the help of another Commissioning Manager help to manage a Mechanical biased team of Commissioning professionals.
- Comment and improve where necessary on drawings, manuals and technical submittals.
- Making full use of the company's management systems in achieving the primary objective.
- Providing consultative advice in determining commissioning and performance requirements, commissioning strategies, programmes, scopes of work and the like.
- Proactively progress commissioning activities throughout the project cycle in conjunction with the General Contractor and Vendors.
- Engaging with other members of the Company to help improve existing systems and procedures.
- To promote the company and the wider group through marketing activities.
Requirements of the Mechanical Commissioning Manager
The Commissioning Manager will be expected to have the following skills:
- At least 5 years within a Project Management role with heavy emphasis on commissioning, or 5 years in a Commissioning Management role.
- Experience on data centre construction projects is essential.
- Mechanical bias is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is desired, but not essential.
- Previous experience leading a team is desired, but not essential.
To apply for the position of Mechanical Commissioning Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Heather Hall at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's