Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£30000 - £45000 per annum + 33 days, 5% Pension and Healthcare|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2017 12:17|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000 per annum + 33 days holidays, 5% Pension, Childcare Vouchers and Healthcare
Job Ref: DR64572
A unique opportunity to work client side for one of the UK's leading data centre colocation providers who are actively recruiting for various levels of Mechanical Design Engineers as well as Electrical Design Engineers due to the expansion of the Engineering team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services) to work client side and develop their career within data centre design, construction and management.
Working within the Engineering Team, the Mechanical Design Engineer role involves providing technical support during the full life cycle of a data centre delivery project. From the bid phase, through design and construction into commissioning and operation. Other duties include providing presales technical support to the Account Management and Operations teams as well as directly to Customers.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will provide a platform for progression onto more technically or commercially biased roles such as Data Centre Architect, Account Management & Project Management positions.
The role is varied and incorporates active involvement in providing complete Data Centre solutions. Including providing design support and direction, commissioning input, pricing and proposals by working closely with Project Managers, Contractors and the Account Management team to ensure the successful delivery of the Data Centre.
- Provide day to day technical support to Data Centre Architects and Projects team in general.
- Provide pre-sales support for incoming enquiries to the Account Managers.
- Review new customer service agreements with Account Managers and Senior Project Managers to ensure
- Prepare concept scheme designs and communicate these with contractors to negotiate costs.
- Formulate technical and commercial proposals with assistance and guidance from other teams as required.
- Input into technical specifications that capture key design requirements.
- Undertake product comparison / selection reviews and recommend new approaches / suppliers.
- Assisting Account Management team by producing technical designs and preparing / attending Technical Presentations and Design Workshops with Clients.
- Analyse supplier technical submittals, drawings and reports such as CFD, PUE and peak load calculations.
- Support site operations technically where required.
- Provide technical support and witnessing to commissioning activities to ensure that installed infrastructure meets the design intent.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- UK working experience in a mechanical design focused role (heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing and fire protection).
- Previous design, commissioning or project engineer experience in Data Centre or other mission critical sector is preferable but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Ideally an Engineering Based Hons Degree (BEng/MEng/BSc) however HND and relevant working experience will be considered.
- Ability to produce technical reports, proposals and designs to a high quality.
- Strong ability for technical analysis and problem solving, with great attention to detail.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Mechanical & Electrical opportunities in the Data Centre sector please call Daniel Risby at Project Resource or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.