Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||St. Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£35000 - £45000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Greg Wills|
|Job Published:||October 24, 2017 12:00|
Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Job Ref: GW65225
Our client is an established Building services consultancy based in Hertfordshire who is looking for an accomplished Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. The opportunity has come about due to the increase in projects and pipeline.
As an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for assisting the Mechanical Associate carrying out design solutions for all Mechanical services from inception/feasibility through to detailed design and fully coordinated services.
As the Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer you will be expected to demonstrate your expertise on a number of projects in Commercial, Residential (High Rise and Mixed Use), Education and leisure. You will also have the opportunity to work on prestigious projects across stadia, hotels and retail parks.
- You will have a relevant Degree in Mechanical (Building services) Design Engineering, minimum HND
- Preferably chartered or working towards CEng status with CIBSE or IET.
- AutoCAD experience (preferential but not essential).
- You will have an excellent knowledge of building services and all stages of the design processes.
- Working knowledge of building regulations, especially Parts G, F and L
- You must have a minimum of 3 years consultancy design experience within the UK construction sector.
- NES specification writing (preferential but not essential)
- Familiarity with BREEAM, and implications for M&E design (preferential but not essential)
- Revit MEP (preferential but not essential)
- Working knowledge of British Standards
- Project experience preferred but not essential:
- Schools or other naturally ventilated buildings
- Leisure centres
Support and Training:
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be required to deal with projects in the UK and continental Europe from concept/feasibility stage, through design and construction to commissioning and handover under the guidance of a director. The Mechanical Design Engineer will be trained and developed to achieve chartered engineering status Skills that will be developed include but are not limited to the following:
- HVAC design calculation in accordance with CIBSE guidelines in conjunction with building physicist
- Liaison with building physicist for thermal modelling input criteria and results
- Design and specification of renewable technologies
- Part L Compliance checking in conjunction with building physicist
- Detail development of concept designs to include equipment selection and specification etc
- Liaison with architects, clients, structural engineers and contractors
- Project Management
- Site inspections
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's