Mechanical Design Manager
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Manager|
|Salary:||£550 - £650 per day|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2017 19:55|
Mechanical Design Manager
Rate: £550 - £650 a day
Contract: 12 months rolling
Job Ref: JR414622
A unique, exciting, and challenging opportunity to work client side for one of the world's largest technology firms in a Mechanical Design Manager remit involved in some of Europe's largest Data Centre projects. The job will be based from Holland with travel across Europe to various sites as required.
The role of the Mechanical Design Manager will sit within the Design Execution team and is part of the overall capacity fulfilment team. The role of a Mechanical Design Manager is to oversee the development of individual data centre design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget. The design manager is also responsible for identifying technical challenges and working to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule for such.
The client seeks a Mechanical Design professional who has a minimum of 8-10 years consultancy design experience on data centres.
- Ensure that the design team is meeting all local codes and local requirements.
- Localising the design into a site specific building design for all disciplines, developing an execution strategy, and turning over to the delivery team for construction.
- The team consists of design managers that are responsible for 1-2 full, site specific projects from concept to 100% design.
- The team works to take the model cost and schedule and localise based on early design due diligence. This is then turned over to delivery.
- The Data Centre Engineering team has SME's that are assigned to each project and also overall program SME's that the Design PM uses to drive technical decisions and track them.
- Drive design meetings and provide continual input to optimise design and minimize unnecessary work.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with the delivery Project Managers, Designers and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years consultancy design experience with mechanical bias.
- Recent and multiple data centre design project experience is a must.
- Must be able to review design documentation and to be able to represent mechanical in design meetings with contractors/consultancy practices.
- Must be able to be based out of Holland and offer flexibility to travel to meetings across Europe as and when the job demands.To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other opportunities in the Data Centre sector please call Joe Raymond on 01189 522240 at Project Resource or email email@example.com
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car /allowance, pension, healthcare
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Package
Greater Manchester, England
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Package
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Package
Birmingham, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + Car/Allowance, Bonus & Benefits