Mechanical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Project Engineer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||€55000 - €65000 per annum + Package|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2019 11:34|
Mechanical Project Engineer
Salary: €55,000 - €65,000 + Package
Job Ref: HH68993
An international specialist M&E contractor is seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team in Ireland, working on one of the largest high-tech manufacturing construction projects in the country.
This is a specialist contractor based in Dublin that cover multiple critical systems markets including data centres, semi-conductor, pharmaceutical builds, and many others. The successful Project Engineer will be joining an experienced team in which you will be encouraged to grow and progress your career as a Mechanical Project Engineer working on a very complex construction project.
This project has a heavy focus on technical Mechanical packages and as such, the contractor seeks an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer who is used to working on construction projects which are more technical and challenging than your average build.
The responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The Project Engineer will be expected to:
- Support all engineering requirements
- Understand all scopes of work by familiarising with design/IFC specifications and drawings
- Execute work in a safe fashion and instruct others on workplace safety
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR)
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS
- Regularly check and monitor setting out instruments and testing equipment
- Attend all meetings as required with key stakeholders
- Understand drawings, surveys, and materials measurements
- Overseeing a more junior team as well as sub-contractors on site
- Liaise with client representatives and the design team
- Taking responsibility for the materials and material procurement on site
- Maintaining site records
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
The skills of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The Mechanical Project Engineer should have the following skills:
- 4+ years' experience as an Engineer, ideally with a recognised contractor
- Mechanical background, ideally degree qualified
- Experience on technical construction projects (data centres, pharmaceutical, heavy industrial, semi-conductor, clean rooms, etc.)
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Experience covering the following sectors is ideal: HVAC, Heat transfer, P&ID, Process, Isometric Drawings, and Project Management.
- Experience using Navisworks, Solidworks, and Revit is ideal
To apply for the position of Mechanical Project Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Heather Hall at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.