Mechanical Project Engineer
Salary: €55,000 - €65,000
Job Ref: HH689931
An international General Contractor with an in-house Mechanical & Electrical division are actively seeking Mechanical Project Engineers of all levels to join their team in Ireland, working on one of the largest high-tech manufacturing construction projects in the country. This is a specialist contractor based in Dublin that cover multiple critical systems sectors including data centres, semi-conductor, and pharmaceutical builds.
This project has a heavy focus on technical Mechanical packages and as such, the contractor seeks experienced Mechanical Project Engineers / Mechanical Engineers who are used to working on construction projects which are more technical and challenging than your average build; this includes construction projects in the following industries (Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Bio Pharma, Heavy Industrial).
The responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The Project Engineer will be expected to:
- Support all engineering requirements
- Understand all scopes of work by familiarising with design/IFC specifications and isometric drawings
- Have a solid understanding of pipework packages including testing
- Execute work in a safe fashion and instruct others on workplace safety
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR)
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS
- Regularly check and monitor setting out instruments and testing equipment
- Attend all meetings as required with key stakeholders
- Understand drawings, surveys, and materials measurements
- Liaise with client representatives and the design team
- Taking responsibility for the materials and material procurement on site
- Maintaining site records
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
The skills of the Mechanical Engineer
The Mechanical Project Engineer should have the following skills:
- 2+ years' experience as an Engineer, ideally with a recognised contractor
- Mechanical background, ideally degree qualified
- Experience on technical construction projects (data centres, pharmaceutical, heavy industrial, semi-conductor, clean rooms, etc.)
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Experience covering the following sectors is ideal: HVAC, Heat transfer, P&ID, Process, Isometric Drawings, and Project Management.
- Experience using Navisworks, Solidworks, and Revit is ideal
To apply for the position of Mechanical Project Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the critical systems construction sectors, please call Heather Hall at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Mechanical Construction Manager
Kildare, Republic of Ireland, €60000 - €70000 per annum
Mechanical Construction Manager Ireland Salary: €60,000 - €70,000 J...
Preston, Lancashire, £55000 - £62000 per annum + Car Allowance, Pension & Other Benefits
Position: Project Manager Location: Lancashire (Office/Site Based) ...
Manchester, Greater Manchester, £60000 - £65000 per annum + Car Allowance & Package
Position: Project Manager Location: Manchester Salary: £60,000 - £6...
Site Project Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester, £24 - £25 per hour
Site Project Manager - Manchester - 6 Month Contract - Immediate St...