Mechanical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Project Engineer|
|Salary:||£250 - £400 per day + +flights + accommodation|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2020 15:59|
Mechanical Project Engineer
Contract: 3-6 months
Rate £250 - £400 per day + accommodation + flights
Job Ref: DR69744
Rotation: 10 day on / 4 days off
A General Contractor seeks an experienced Mechanical Project Engineer to join a large team of M&E Project Engineers and Project Managers out on site in Finland working on ongoing works for a hyper-scale data centre site.
With accommodation & flights paid for, my client will pay this Mechanical Project Engineer on a day rate for the duration of the 3-6 month contract. The successful Mechanical Engineer must be experienced in all Mechanical systems with experience on HVAC. Data Centre project experience is ideal but not essential. MY client will consider any Mechanical Project Engineer with experience on other critical system projects or projects with heavy HVAC systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The Mechanical Project Engineer will:
- Develop Project Execution strategies.
- Develop site logistics (demobilisation / mobilisation) plans.
- Develop and implement Project Schedules in accordance with key milestones, co-ordinating with all trades and Mechanical works.
- Review, sign-off and implement Project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement Project EHS Management plan.
- Management and motivation of Project construction and Engineering teams.
- Develop and agree submission and approvals process with client / design consultants.
- Weekly internal team, supplier and sub-contractor meetings to co-ordinate and ensure project performance.
- Attendance at client / project management meetings.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and supplier senior management at steering group level to avoid project roadblocks.
- Ongoing liaison with design teams and building contractor teams to ensure project performance.
Requirements of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The following will be expected of the Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Ideally 2+ years' experience as a Mechanical Project Engineer.
- Experience on technical/heavy construction projects, i.e. data centres, pharmaceutical, semiconductor plants, clean rooms, etc.
- Mechanical bias
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other specialist Mechanical Project Engineer opportunities please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's