Mechanical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Project Engineer|
|Salary:||€70000 - €80000 per annum + Allowance, Accommodation, Flights|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||March 07, 2021 22:18|
Mechanical Project Engineer
Job Reference: JR190142
Salary: €70,000-€80,000 + Allowance, Accommodation, Flights
Mechanical Project Engineer Job Profile:
An international main contractor is looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team working on data centre construction projects. This position is to be based on a hyperscale project in Germany with rotation being offered on a 17, 4 basis.
This is a great opportunity to gain further experience on a very heavy M&E project with an international main contractor. All applicants for the position must hold a valid EU passport and/or be able to work in Germany without a visa.
Mechanical Project Engineer Key Activities
The successful Mechanical Project Engineer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Information reporting will be an essential activity to ensure activity targets/deadlines are met to support the project team. There will be an Engineering Task Log generated and managed by the Engineering Lead
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works. Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority. This will require generation/management of Requests for Information (RFI)
- Assisting the Installation Package team to manage the quality needs for the project on site, providing guidance to ensure we are compliant to all relevant standards/codes and specifications associated. This will include all site activities associated with validation and handover to the client.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the Construction Work Packs process from development, implementation, and handover. This will involve activities onsite to support our construction management team.
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. support team to develop modular concepts, Typical fabrication details and Isometrics generation and to release for construction. Validation of materials/assets within the model are also to be verified for construction. Change management is a critical process to be understood and controlled.
Mechanical Project Engineer Specification
The following will be required of the Mechanical Project Engineer:
- Prior experience working on data centre construction projects is preferred but non-essential
- Prior experience working for a main contractor or M&E sub-contractor is essential
- Must hold a valid EU passport and/or be able to work in the EU without a visa
Mechanical Project Engineer Personal Skills and Qualifications
The successful Mechanical Project Engineer will possess the following:
- Preferably a degree in a relevant field and trades background
To Apply for the position of Mechanical Project Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's