MEP Commissioning Lead
|Job Title:||MEP Commissioning Lead|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£100000 - £140000 per annum + accommodation + flights|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 15:50|
MEP Commissioning Manager
Salary: £100,000 - £150,000 per annum
Rotation: 3 weeks on, 1 week off
Package: Flights & Accommodation
Job ref: DR70175
A large main contractor is currently looking for an experienced MEP Commissioning Manager to work on a large new build data centre construction project in Sweden acting as the overall Commissioning Lead. This is an opportunity to work for a multinational company who offer construction solutions across a range of key sectors including Data Centres, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Technology.
Responsibilities of the MEP Commissioning Lead
The Senior MEP Commissioning Manager will be expected to cover:
- The setup, management of and closing out of the Commissioning plan for the project.
- Management of direct reports (commissioning and testing personnel on site).
- Management of the Commissioning Tagging process and procedures.
- Reporting Progress on all Commissioning activities both internally and externally.
- Chairing weekly commissioning meetings and directing weekly commissioning activities.
- Attending the Main Contractor and clients weekly commissioning meetings and reporting out weekly progress.
- Development of the Project commissioning schedule in conjunction with the project planners.
- Responsible for the Compilation of all Testing and Commissioning Documentation including verifying and signing off on all results.
- Familiarity with and management of Project Commissioning Schedule in conjunction with other trades, Package Leads, consulting Engineer and Client requirements.
- Ensuring that all testing and commissioning manpower is tracked on the site Labour allocation Tracker sheets and issued daily.
- Management of all day to day on site commissioning operations.
- Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels.
- Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings.
- Close out of all project items including O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, - all with the support of the Electrical package manager.
- Implement a weekly look ahead ensuring co-ordination with vendors and trades.
- Issue internal weekly progress report.
- All other duties associated with this role.
Required skill set of the MEP Commissioning Lead
The MEP Commissioning Manager will have:
- Proven background in Commissioning Management.
- Background in MEP, ideally Electrical bias however any bias within MEP will be considered with relevant working experience.
- Large scale project experience (data centres, pharmaceutical, laboratories, heavy industrial, etc.)
- Degree qualified or equivalent is ideal but not essential.
To apply for the position of MEP Commissioning Lead, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please contact Dan Risby at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.