MEP Revit Technician
|Job Title:||MEP Revit Technician|
|Location:||West Sussex, England|
|Salary:||£35 - £274 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2017 15:35|
MEP Revit Technician
Rate: £27 - £35 per hour
Contract: 3-6 months rolling
Job Ref: DR645251
A specialist M&E Contractor with an established consultancy team providing design, build and maintenance services to clients across the UK as well as Europe. As a business they specialise in designing, building then maintaining environments which are deemed as critical facilities, which is most case are Data Centres.
As part of a wider group our client has regional offices in the UK including Central London, the main head office located in West Sussex north of Brighton. Year on year growth has seen headcount grow in line with secured work, the current requirement is to employ a MEP REVIT Technician to join the CAD / REVIT team.
- Prepare, co-ordinate, develop and submit for approval Masterplan, Concept design, Construction, Installation and as built drawings using industry software such as AutoCAD MEP.
- Build and manage multidisciplinary models in Revit.
- To understand, interpret and develop electrical and mechanical concept designs into workable drawings for use by in-house Design Teams, working closely with M&E Engineers to deliver installation and construction drawings for use by Project Site Teams.
- Attend site to assist in the undertaking of initial surveys and the provision of as built drawings.
- Assist in the maintenance and ongoing development of the CAD standards manual for the business. Help identify and implement new ways of working to maximise efficiencies within the team and drive improved margin for the business.
- Work with the Design managers to ensure that all CAD work is to the highest standard and fully compliant with our accredited management systems, notably ISO 9001, 14001 and 18001.
- Assist in the engineering of the layouts and contribute to the wider design.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience using MEP REVIT software in the UK either in a consultancy or contractor environment.
- Must be able to follow process but also contribute to processes and instructions moving forward.
- The REVIT Technician will offer a flexible approach and an ability to control and maintain workflow and drawing production.
- Must be proficient in understanding of M&E Building Services installation layouts, including Civil, Architectural, Structural, Electrical Services, HVAC, Fire and Security systems.
- Knowledge of critical environment engineering and Data Centre Design is advantageous not essential.
- A sound knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Good numeracy and computer skills.
- An understanding of construction methods.
- Understanding of BIM principles and experienced in collaborating with external contributors such as consultancies.
- AutoCAD Skills - conversant in the preparation and use of Blocks and Xrefs
- You must be able to build a multi-disciplinary model from scratch as well as link models using shared coordinates and help develop family library.
- Some survey experience would be advantageous as would be the ability to record accurately site installations for 'As Built' purposes.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's