|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||Up to £350 per day|
|Contact Name:||Connor McMahon|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2018 10:26|
Position: Senior Planner
Rate: £330-360 per day
Consultant: Connor McMahon
This is a great opportunity for a Project/Senior Planner to join a leading company within their field currently working a very large tender. I'm looking for a Senior / Project Planner to come on board initially to take over site planning on a large city centre project. Job functions will include;
- Undertake the planning function on multiple live projects ensuring the production teams are delivering the project time objectives.
- Work as part of production team, with dual role as independent assessor of progress, giving confidence in project status to senior management.
- Ensuring the company procedures and planning standards are being implemented.
- Contributing to the capturing of output rates to ensure company database remains current and competitive.
- Liaison with broader planning community, especially technical department.
- Ensuring compliance with all current BYUK Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Understand for each project the level of planning service and anticipated time allocation to provide that service.
- Hands-on planning preparing, in conjunction with production team, optimum working programme to meet project objectives covering design, procurement, enabling, construction, commissioning, handover, client key dates as appropriate.
- Contributing to the capturing of project risks and proposing mitigating actions.
- Communicating with other disciplines within production teams to ensure they are aware of their roles in meeting the programme.
- Meeting / communicating with supply chain specialists to confirm suitable method and programme for scope given project specific constraints.
- Understand the project forms of contract (with specific amendments) and ensure team are aware of actions necessary to 1) demonstrate entitlement 2) protect business from commercial harm.
- Summarise projects status upstream to senior management, highlighting any unresolved major risks and potential overruns.
- Manage time and workload to ensure deadlines are met. Highlight any potential work overload to Line Manager as soon as it is apparent.
- Experience of construction projects across a broad range of sectors (bias towards commercial, mixed use developments, schools, high end residential preferable).
- Ability to manage multiple project programmes running in parallel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of development; design, procurement, construction (structure, architecture, services), commissioning.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to quickly and clearly articulate key issues and to listen and capture concerns of others.
- Use of specialist planning software (ideally Asta).
- Knowledge of the key features of common forms of contract entered into in UK
- Knowledge of other sectors
- Experience/expertise in 4D/BIM
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West London, London
Up to £65000.00 per annum
£350 - £375 per day
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£350 - £370 per day
£50000 - £60000 per annum + excellent benefits package
Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £35000 per annum + car / car allowance