Principal Electrical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Electrical Design Engineer|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£40 - £41 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Greg Wills|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2017 18:54|
Principal Electrical Design Engineer #65137
Location: Central London
Rate: Circa £40 per hour
Our client is a well-known and established International Mechanical and Electrical consulting practice based in Central London and have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Principal Electrical Design Engineer to join their award winning building services design team.
Due to their excellent reputation in the market place they regularly acquire repeat business from existing clients otherwise work is generally gained through recommendations. My client's proactive in their approach and pride themselves on their services, with a focus on sustainable solutions.
As a Principal Electrical Design Engineer you will be responsible for leading a team and projects, carrying out services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design.
As you will be working with a number of big named clients, it's important that you are representing the company when meeting clients and building relationships.
You will be expected to demonstrate your expertise on a number of projects in such sectors as: Commercial (new build, refurbishment, fit out), Residential and Mixed Use developments amongst others.
You should hold a relevant degree and ideally be accredited by CIBSE or IET, and will ideally already hold chartered status (not essential). As a Principal Electrical Design Engineer you must have excellent knowledge of building services and all stages of the design processes.
You must have previous consultancy experience within the UK construction sector. With excellent interpersonal and communication skills you must also have the ability to negotiate with positive outcomes. You will also be responsible for meeting with clients, developing and producing reports on a daily basis.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant Degree in Electrical Design Engineering, minimum HND
- Accredited by IET or CIBSE and ideally already hold chartered status
- You will have worked in two of the following project sectors: Commercial (new build, refurbishment, fit out), Residential and Mixed Use developments
- Excellent technical knowledge in your discipline.
- Have experience leading both large and small projects of differing value
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to motivate and manage a team
- Experience mentoring and coaching Junior Engineers.
- Experience in design and delivery of large to medium scale projects
- Up to date with British Standards
- Must offer a minimum of 10 years UK Building Services Design experience, ideally in a consultancy environment
If you are interested in the role of a Principal Electrical Design Engineer, please apply via this job board, alternatively you can call Greg Wills on 01189-522240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Resource Ltd offer an excellent payment scheme for any new and successful referrals.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's