Principal Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||West End, London|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Greg Wills|
|Job Published:||November 15, 2017 15:32|
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Location: Central London
Salary: £60,000-£70,000 plus benefits
Our client is a established Mechanical and Electrical consulting practice, for decades holding a strong presence in the Thames Valley however in recent years opening yet another office in Central London to help deliver existing projects and develop long term clients within the M25.
Following successful growth of the London office over the last few years, the client is now actively recruiting for a key hire in the form of a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer to in the short term, deliver projects and help manage a growing team, but also medium to longer term, progress into an Associate / Associate Director to help run and grow the London office.
A unique career opportunity for any Principal Mechanical Engineer looking to join an established business with clear scope to Directorship without the typical glass ceiling.
As a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for leading a team and projects, carrying out services from inception / feasibility through to detailed and fully coordinated design.
As you will be working with a larger clients, it's important that you are representing the company when meeting clients and building relationships.
You will be expected to demonstrate your expertise on a number of projects in such sectors as: Commercial (new build, refurbishment, fit out), Residential and Mixed Use developments amongst others.
You should hold a relevant degree and ideally be accredited by CIBSE or IMechE, and will ideally already hold chartered status (not essential). As a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer you must have excellent knowledge of building services and all stages of the design processes.
You must have previous consultancy experience within the UK construction sector. With excellent interpersonal and communication skills you must also have the ability to negotiate with positive outcomes. You will also be responsible for meeting with clients, developing and producing reports on a daily basis.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant Degree in Mechanical Design Engineering or Building Services, minimum HND.
- Accredited by IMechE or CIBSE, ideally already hold chartered status.
- You will have worked in two of the following project sectors: Commercial (new build, refurbishment, fit out), Residential or Mixed Use developments.
- Excellent technical knowledge in your discipline.
- Have experience leading both large and small projects of differing value.
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Design.
- Ability to motivate and manage a team.
- Experience mentoring and coaching Junior Engineers.
- Experience in design and delivery of large to medium scale projects.
- Must offer a minimum of 10 years UK Building Services Design experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
If you are interested in the role of a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer, email email@example.com or call Greg Wills on 01189-522240.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's