|Job Title:||Project Controller|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£250 - £300 per day|
|Contact Name:||Anthony Moore|
|Job Published:||July 17, 2018 14:56|
To support project controls activities across the company, on a variety of design projects within the rail and civil engineering space. These jobs have varied complexity, are predominantly UK based.
The project controller will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the setting up and maintenance of project controls systems, such as Deltek Cobra
- Inputting project controls data and undertaking its relevant analysis
- Working with planners/schedulers to assist in defining Work Breakdown Structures, and resource and cost loading programmes in Primavera P6
- Working with project commercial managers to ensure cost work breakdown structures, cost collection and resource rates are established and recorded correctly.
- Providing an on-going project controls service as part of a commercial and schedule management function. This to include:
- o Supplying rates for ongoing projects where required on a monthly basis
- Participating in, and preparing for, rate validations and project audits. Also performing rate reviews.
- Preparing rates for bid teams and adjusting according to decisions made by others. Assisting in escalation calculations.
- Providing management reports and analysis including earned value management reports, cash flow forecasts, profitability forecasts and invoice data.
- Managing the impact of change on cost forecasts and programme.
- Assist with general project management duties.
- Present work and documents to team members.
- Good knowledge of project commercial management i.e. Early Warnings, Compensation Events, Risk Analysis
- Able to analyse cost and progress data.
- Understanding of Earned Value Management
- Prior experience of using project controls software, e.g. Deltek Cobra or Ares Prism
- Prior experience of using scheduling software, e.g. Primavera. Microsoft Project also advantageous.
- Knowledge or experience of engineering / building design would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working on design programmes and knowledge of design processes (e.g. RIBA, GRIP...).
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to work on several simultaneous projects
- An understanding of the NEC form of contract would be an advantage but not essential.
- Need to be methodical and meticulous.
- Need to have excellent communication and inter personal skills,
- Need to be pro-active and a team player.
- Need to be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Ideally degree qualified
- Commercial acumen, and genuine interest in financial matters
- Prepared to undertake occasional travel
This is a very good job opportunity to work for a leading UK business, on premier projects, which have a wonderful reputation and strong team.
Day rate is open, completely dependent on experience. Long-term contract opportunity (12 months plus).
Apply now for immediate consideration. Project Resource has one of the largest specialist planning and project controls divisions in the UK. We've been helping companies source Planners since 2002. Ask for Anthony Moore or Bill Wynn on 0118-952-2240.
Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer. Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's