Project Manager - Leading Contractor - Civil
|Job Title:||Project Manager - Leading Contractor - Civil|
|Salary:||£55000 - £70000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance + Full Package|
|Contact Name:||Jonathon Simpson|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2019 18:00|
Project Manager (Civils) PERMANENT - £55,000 - £70,000 (DOE) + Car/Car Allowance + Package
Here is an opportunity for an experienced and riven individual to join a prestigous Main Contractor working on a specific tunnelling project as part of a large scale, wider community project.
Experience in highways, tunnelling or deep drainage would be desirable as this position is for a specific tunnelling project (£3.5m) in Chester as part of a wider scheme.
Experience of NEC contract is also desirable.
Degree qualification would be preferred
Summary of Role:
Responsible for the resourcing, development and leadership of a team, defining and communicating project objectives and constraints and complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, thereby delivering the end product on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Managing organisational resources
- Maintain a clear management structure
- Ensure individuals are aware of what is expected of them and assign individual responsibilities
- Employ additional resources as required
- Develop individuals through coaching and training
Management of information
- Management of designers, including providing direction for the design manager
- Production of information required schedules & subsequent monitoring
- Provide management information to line manager
- Ensure materials, plant and sub-contractors are procured to meet targets
- Ensure appropriate quality is achieved on the project
- Ensure that the works are undertaken in accordance with all HS&E legislation, and the site Health Safety and Environmental Plans Safety and Environmental Plans.
- Review Health & Safety and investigate incidents, providing summary and recommendations
- Carryout periodic inspection of construction sites to ensure compliance
- Mitigate legal issues and defects liability for the business
- Maintain & develop overall strategy for the project
- Develop plans to achieve specific goals
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams
- Review project plans with Contracts Manager on Monthly basis Liaison with client and end users
- Report on progress, problems and information requirements
- Ensure project documents are complete
- Manage site secretary / receptionist
- Set up project systems and review
- Procure IT requirements
- Ensure company procedures are being maintained by internal review
If you would like to find out more about this role, or apply please send a CV to email@example.com or call me on 0161 2411 222 .
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's