Quality Control Engineer
|Job Title:||Quality Control Engineer|
|Salary:||£310 per day|
|Contact Name:||Tina Pardoe|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2017 15:15|
Quality Control Engineers Required
Based in: Aberdeen
Rate: £310 per day based on a 45 hour week Monday to Friday
Duration: Minimum of 6 months, potentially longer
Our client is part of a major JV in Aberdeen and they are looking for several Quality Control Engineers to join the project. You need to have experience in some if not all of the following areas ; highways, bridges, structures, materials, concrete.
These roles will be split out across North & South of the project in Aberdeen however, Stonehaven is where the successful person would be initially based.
You will assist the Project Quality Manager with the improvement and maintenance of all project quality processes.
You will undertake Quality Control inspections of the works in progress and to confirm compliance with the design and specification through endorsement of checksheets/examination records.
To liaise with the Quality Manager and Designer's Site Representative/s to ensure that deviations from the design and specification are identified as Requests for Information (RFI's), Non-Conformance Reports (NCR's) and Defective and Outstanding Works Lists (DOWL's).
- Assist the Project Quality Manager with the improvement and maintenance of the Quality Reporting System
- Support the project engineering disciplines with their tracking of their data for correct and complete handover to the client, timeously
- Audit the project engineering disciplines to ensure they are fully ready for data handover to the Client to the programmed dates
- Weekly inspections to be undertaken alongside quality aligned activities
- Assist the Project Quality Manager with the operation and maintenance of project quality systems
- Carry out site inspections of works in progress, as required, and complete Independent Inspection reports
- Assist the Project Quality Manager with other related quality matters as they arise on the project
- acquire a knowledge of the design and to ensure that it is applied in the works.
- Experienced QC Engineer in major highways construction, or certainly with a rounded knowledge of major highways construction (to include structures, earthworks, drainage and pavements) will be considered.
- experience within a quality based environment
- Educated to NVQ/Degree Level
- Experience working within an assurance discipline
- Experience of working within Assurance Handover and contract completion
- Previous experience in a Quality Assurance delivery role
- Basic knowledge of ISO90001 and its implementation
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work to challenging deadlines
- Experience of working on Civil engineering projects, Highways Roads and Structures
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's