|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum + Car, Pension, Bonus, Health Care Benefits|
|Contact Name:||James Cooke|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2019 12:54|
Reading - Main Contractor
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum
A brilliant opportunity has just landed on my desk for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a tier one contractor located near Reading. You'd be working for a company that successfully turned over nearly £1bn in 2017, meaning high levels of exposure to varying different sectors and projects.
Quantity Surveyor position
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be working for a market-leading, tier one contractor who have a proven track record delivering large scale projects precisely, whilst also being able to make it seem effortless. The Quantity Surveyor will be working for a company that works in a number of different sectors, including but not limited to, accommodation, commercial, distribution, education, health, industrial, leisure, mixed-use and retail.
You will be joining an incredible firm who have delivered prolific projects across a number of sectors and are currently engaged in an array of work; from a £130m university campus to a 300,000 sq ft retail and leisure development which is anchored by a large John Lewis department store and basement car park valued at over £60m.
As well as the ability to work on some extremely large and exciting projects, you will be joining a company who believe in self-succession and incentivise employees to push through the ranks of their company.
Desired criteria for the Quantity Surveyor position
- The candidate must have either a BSc or MSc in Commercial Management or Quantity Surveying.
- MRICS qualified is advantageous, however not a deal breaker and all applications will be reviewed independently.
- The applying must be able to do competently do take offs.
- The applying must also be able to prepare enquiries.
- Also must be confident and have the know-how to create opportunities for 2nd stage tender
- IT literacy is essential, particularly in respect of preparing spreadsheets.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently, both independently and in a team based environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to incorporate technical terms with members of the design team, other professionals in the industry and clients.
- Capable of working to stringent time scales.
- High levels of pre-contract experience.
Remuneration for this Quantity Surveyor position
- £40,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Car/Travel Allowance
- Life insurance
- Private healthcare contributions
- Payment of a professional membership
How to apply for this Quantity Surveyor role
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor role, then please apply via the job board, alternatively you can email an up to date CV to J.Cooke@project-resource.co.uk or call me on 0118 952 2240.
Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer. The services of Project Resource are those of a recruitment business / agency.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£300 - £325 per day
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + car/car allowance + benefits
Up to £45000 per annum + Company car/Allowance, Pension, Healthcare
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + car/car allowance + benefits
£30000.00 - £40000 per annum + car allowance