|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum + Car, Pension, Health Care Benefits|
|Contact Name:||James Cooke|
|Job Published:||January 10, 2019 15:29|
Main Contractor - Chelmsford
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum
An exceptional opportunity has just hit my desk for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a leading contractor based near Chelmsford. The Quantity Surveyor will be joining an ever-growing team who continue to achieve above targets year on year.
Quantity Surveyor position
The Quantity Surveyor will be joining a construction company who currently hire over 6,000 employees. The role itself is predominantly site based however travel to the office is sometimes needed.
As a business they work across a number of sectors, including but not limited to; commercial, education, health, industrial, leisure, retail and defence. However, the successful Quantity Surveyor will be working mainly on prolific education projects. Currently they are engaged on a number of education projects from a £16.9million new build school to accommodate over 800 students aged 11-18 years old to a £15.4million new build school located in the City of London, accommodating over 1000 students.
Not only will the successful Quantity Surveyor involve themselves in a number of large scale projects, they will also benefit from working for a market leading main contractor who offer a number of different routes into more senior levels.
Desired criteria for this Quantity Surveyor position
- The Quantity Surveyor must have a BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- MRICS qualified is advantageous, however it isn't a deal breaker as the company are happy to support the successful Quantity Surveyor through their APC.
- The Quantity Surveyor must have at least 3 years experience working for a main contractor
- The Quantity Surveyor will be working on education projects, so experience working on education projects is critical.
- IT literacy is essential, particularly in respect of preparing spreadsheets.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently, both independently and in a team based environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to incorporate technical terms with team members of the design team, other professionals in the industry and clients.
- Capable of working to stringent time scales
Remuneration for this Quantity Surveyor position
- £40,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Car allowance/Travel allowance
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare contributions
How to apply for this Quantity Surveyor role
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor role, then please apply via the job board, alternatively you can email an up to date CV to J.Cooke@project-resource.co.uk or call me on 0118 952 2240.
Project Resource are an equality and diversity recruitment agency and employer. The services of Project Resource are those of a recruitment business / agency.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £45000 per annum + Company car/Allowance, Pension, Healthcare
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + car/car allowance + benefits
£30000.00 - £40000 per annum + car allowance
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
£45000 - £55000 per annum + competitive benefits package