|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||City of Westminster, London|
|Salary:||£40000 - £60000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Greg Wills|
|Job Published:||December 08, 2017 18:00|
Location: Central London
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 dependant on experience and level plus benefits.
Job Ref: #65449
We have a fantastic opportunity with a forward thinking PQS, cost consultancy. They are looking to add a Quantity Surveyor to their retail team. The ideal candidate will be client facing and have worked within consultancies for the majority of their career.
The consultancy is based within central London, as are the majority of their projects so living in commutable distance is essential. The driven team of consultants pride themselves on their involvement in prestigious and complex projects within the Fit-out sector working on retail projects, with their clients on the whole being corporate companies. These projects are 90% within London itself and typical values are between £500,000 and £5 million, however they do complete projects to the value of £30-40million. Projects will not be solely in the retail sector and will include commercial and hotel projects.
The position has become available due to continued growth of the company and winning multiple projects, therefore a great time to join.
The Key Requirements
- A solid background in the construction industry in the UK.
- Have a relevant qualification, e.g. degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Have experience working on corporate real estate projects completing fit outs and in sectors such as Retail, Commercial and Hotel buildings.
- Have experience working on fast track fit outs.
- Be client facing and Possess good communication and report writing skills.
- The successful candidate will be a confident and competent in all aspects of surveying.
- Candidate will be able to work autonomously on projects and drive the business forward.
- Preferably MRICS but not essential.
- Experience working for a Consultancy/PQS.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, tender documentation and pre-tender estimates.
- Attend client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively participate at these meetings.
- Prepare robust contract documentation for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Valuing scheme variations.
- Agreeing scheme final accounts
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client's taxation purposes.
- Help to manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams
Why Is This A Great Job For You?
- Company pays well and reviews regularly.
- Company works with an array of prestigious clients and projects so a great way of gaining experience
- The company has a flat structure where directors run jobs alongside all employees, giving the chance to learn from them.
The Application Process
If you are interested in this position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's