A contractor based in Merseyside has an unprecedented opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to their continuously growing team, to work on a number of civil engineering and highways based projects across the county
The position involves:
- Working as part of the commercial team, interfacing on a regular basis with their Operations, Finance and Engineering departments and other support functions.
- Working directly with local councils on project sites.
- Reporting directly to the Business Unit General Manager
The successful applicant will ensure the following duties are carried out:
- Procurement of sub-contractors and the preparation of contract documents.
- Preparation of initial project budgets and thereafter maintaining them on a regular basis through the life cycle of the project.
- Preparation and agreement of variations.
- Preparation and agreement of valuations.
- Ensure that a detailed measure of works completed is maintained on an ongoing basis.
- Timely submission of cost/value reconciliations
- Manage sub-contractor valuations and associated payments
- Maintain labour cost scheduling in conjunction with the Project Managers.
- Maintain accurate cost reporting systems and associated projections
- Completion of internal monthly cost forecasting and project reviews.
- Preparation of all final account documentation.
- Assist in developing and improving all relevant IT reporting and control systems within your sphere of operation.
- Assist in estimating process providing cost build ups and cash flow forecasts.
- Review conditions of contract for tenders and advise of areas of risk.
- Attendance at meetings as required.
- A third level qualification in Quantity Surveying with a minimum of at least two years post qualification experience preferably in a construction environment with a civil engineering bias.
- Highly IT literate with experience of applying general / specialist packages within QS context.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills combined with the analytical and problem solving skills to reach realistic workable solutions.
- A strong commercial focus with an ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative to develop new approaches and improve systems.
- The flexibility and adaptability to succeed within a demanding business with high levels of motivation and evidence of being a self starter.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and be able to negotiate and use conflict resolution skills where appropriate.
- A flexible / adaptable approach to job role, working away from home when required and to a fast changing business environment.
- Highly motivated with strong levels of accountability and ownership.
- Flexibility to travel throughout the UK when required.
- A working knowledge of Standard forms of Contract
- An understanding or awareness of the highways contracting industry
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Circa £38,000 - £42,000
City of London, London, £45000 - £55000 per annum + package
Quantity Surveyor Quantity Surveyor | Central London | Fit Out Cont...
Maidenhead, Berkshire, £50000 - £60000 per annum + Competitive benefits package
Quantity Surveyor Main Contractor Thames Valley Look no further if ...
City of London, London, £50000 - £55000 per annum + Travel allowance
Quantity Surveyor Quantity Surveyor - Central London - Main Contrac...
Warrington, Cheshire, £35000 - £55000 per annum + Car/Allowance + Benefits
Quantity Surveyor Calling home builders in the Merseyside and Great...
Berkshire, England, £50000 - £60000 per annum + package
Quantity Surveyor Fit Out Contractor Berkshire Look no further if y...