|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits and car allowance|
|Contact Name:||Ben Blackwell|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2018 15:40|
£50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Exciting opening with a leader within UK housebuilding for a driven and committed Quantity Surveyor. You will be trusted to run your own jobs with the assistance of the commercial team or provide assistance as the no.2 on larger projects.
Purpose and Scope:
Control of costs from procurement to Final Account for all aspects of cost. Administration of Sub-Contracts and production of internal valuations.
The Surveying Department in a Homes Division is responsible for monitoring and controlling expenditure on all the company's developments by controlling the "cost of sales", as well as ensuring that all Group Commercial policies and procedures are adhered to within the company.
The job holder is responsible for Procurement, Payments, Valuations and administration of Health and Safety procedures.
- With assistance from Chief QS prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by Head of Commercial and Head of Construction.
- Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
- Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
- Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land acquisition pack.
- Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Head of Commercial for placing sub-contract order.
- For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
- Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
- Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
- Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
- Draft Customer Extras Sheet for Chief QS to agree with Sales Director. Price agreed customer extras list with final sub-contractors. Issue Customer Extras List at pre-start meeting.
- Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
- Prepare interim payments for approval by Head of Commercial.
- Draft Budget estimate summary for approval by the Head of Commercial.
- Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
- Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
- Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate Summary and report to Chief Quantity Surveyor.
- Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
- Carry out monthly progress checklist on site for all sites.
- Input progress on valuation system.
- Prepare sub-contract accruals.
- Produce Valuation Breakdown Reconciliation (VBR).
- Carry out cost and value reconciliation on all items in VBR and agree final VBR with Head of Commercial/Chief Surveyor.
- Agree costs with the Accounts Department.
- Prepare Cost Value Comparison (Profit & Loss) notes.
- Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life.
- The focus in this role is both:-
- Internal: Colleagues within Operating Division; and
- External: Sub-Contractors, Consultants
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car/car allowance
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £46000 per annum + Car allowance + benefits
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Car allowance + benefits
North London, London
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Additional Benefits
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Tax free living allowance, accommodation