|Job Title:||Senior Estimator|
|Salary:||£70000 - £75000 per annum + full benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Alex White|
|Job Published:||April 20, 2017 14:33|
We have a Main Contractor client based in Essex who is looking for a Senior Estimator on a permanent contract.
The Senior Estimator will take responsibility for production of all pricing for bids including estimates and cost plans on a lump sum or schedule of rates basis. Output to be capable of being included in tender submissions under a multitude of procurement routes. The role will include but not be limited to, liaison with consultants, clients, subcontractors, suppliers and internal colleagues as appropriate in the formulation and submission of bids. Contribute to the preparation of complete tenders.
The role requires the development of relationships with industry experts, maintain up-to-date market knowledge of labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors. Prepare & send out sub-contract & material pricing enquiries liaising with the procurement team. Complete tender pricing for independent review (external to the bid team), including reporting on any risks or onerous conditions, providing a winning edge and produce quote comparisons. Formulate bid strategy/qualifications around pricing assumptions.
- Appraisal of tender documents;
- Preparation of material and sub-contract enquiries including selection of prospective subcontractors;
- Attending strategy/opportunity meetings with project team;
- Visit site to identify site-specific risks;
- Contribute to the solution design development process and attend solution design team meetings when required;
- Preparation of analytical cost estimates including preliminaries;
- Adjudication and comparison of sub-contractor quotations;
- Presentation of the cost estimate to senior management at independent review meetings;
- Completion of pricing element of tender documentation and submission of the tender;
- Liaising with procurement, clients, subcontractors, suppliers and other internal stakeholders
- Experience estimating and tendering industrial and warehouse type projects
- Strong commercial awareness and commitment to achieving deadlines
- Experience using Conquest software package on advantage
- Good level of knowledge in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Technically and process minded
- Main contractor background