Senior Health & Safety Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Health & Safety Manager|
|Salary:||£600 - £650 per day|
|Start Date:||Jan/Feb 2019|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Risby|
|Job Published:||November 20, 2018 19:02|
Senior Health & Safety Manager
Rate: £600 - £650 a day
Contract: 2 - 3 years plus
Job Ref: DR672442
This is a unique opportunity to work client side on a hyper-scale data centre new build in campus in Austria. The client seeks a Senior Health & Safety Manager to act as Country Lead.
The Senior Health & Safety Manager will join the client team with a remit of Owner's Representative to oversee all H&S aspects of the Data Centre campus but with a focus on overseeing/managing the general contractor during the build as well as provide strategic advice and support to the overall project.
The Senior Health & Safety Manager will undertake a broad range of activities that includes interfacing, coaching, advising and technical support etc. The responsibility will also be to engage the Contractor to take appropriate action where a non-compliance situation is observed.
Senior Health & Safety Manager Duties:
- Routinely monitor the Contractor's EHS performance to ensure that the Contractor is in compliance with their stated practices and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Interface and support the construction management team at site by delivering current data on Contractor EHS performance, including: trending, incident management, EHS metrics and other key information that enable Data Centre construction management to make informed timely decisions.
- Participate in communication methods, such as safety meetings and notices to ensure relevant EHS information is communicated across the site by Contractor's and ensure that Data Centre management is included as well.
- Ensure a weekly site safety walk is conducted with the Contractor management representative and the Owner's PM/team.
- Participate in a daily site safety walk with the Contractor safety rep.
- Evaluate the completeness and effectiveness of the Contractor's hazard assessments (RAMS, JHAs, ARTs, etc.).
- Conduct the monthly Contractor EHS audit.
- Assist in design reviews throughout the Life Cycle-planning, as requested/required (Design, permitting, construction, cx, handover, etc.).
Experience / Skills required of the Senior Health & Safety Manager:
- Recent Data Centre / Data Center construction project experience is essential
- Proven experience working in a Senior Health & Safety Manager remit is essential
- Ideally a formal qualification in Health & Safety, equivalent field experience will be considered
- Must be able to work in-country on a full time basis.
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager with recent data centre / data center construction experience to work client side on one of the largest mission critical sites in Europe.
To apply for the position of Senior Health & Safety Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Dan Risby at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's