Senior M&E Project Manager
|Job Title:||Senior M&E Project Manager|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£600 - £650 per day + Accommodation|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 11:05|
Senior M&E Project Manager
Rate: £600 - £650 a day
Contract: 12 months - Highly likely to go on for 2 - 3 years
Rotation: 4 on, 1 off
Job Ref: JR670001
This is a unique opportunity to work client side on an extremely large and complex existing data centre campus in Finland. The client seeks a Senior M&E Project Manager to join the client team as an Owner's Rep to oversee the Contractor during ongoing new build and upgrade works and also to provide strategic advice and support to the overall Project.
The Senior M&E Project Manager will have a minimum of 3+ years of recent mission critical / Data Centre construction experience in addition to a career served in Project Management, and have comprehensive knowledge of the requirements for the modern high specification construction of data centres, with an in depth understanding mechanical and electrical systems. The ideal M&E Project Manager will also offer a proven track record in commercial and programme management, producing business cases, reports and project plans to clients through excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
The Senior M&E Project Manager will be based near the site office with accommodation costs contributed towards by the client in addition to your day rate. Accommodation contribution will be up to €1000 per month paid on receipt. Any M&E Project Manager will be able to rotate back to the UK with rotation periods being 1 long weekend (Friday and Monday off and paid) every 4 weeks.
Experience / Skills required of the Senior M&E Project Manager:
- Recent Data Centre / Data Center construction project experience is essential
- Commissioning Management experience is essential
- Strong onsite and engineering background is essential
- Must be mechanically or electrically biased as well as having a proven track record managing all services across mechanical and electrical on live projects (Chilled Water/DX Cooling Systems, and HV Systems, UPS, switchgear, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will also offer experience managing other disciplines such as civil and structural works on a construction build
- Ideally a Bachelor's degree in Construction, Mechanical, Electrical, or equivalent field experience
- A proven track record working at a senior level within construction management / project management with a mechanical or electrical bias
- Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior M&E Project Manager with recent data centre / data center construction experience to work client side on one of the largest mission critical sites in Europe.
To apply for the position of Senior M&E Project Manager, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Joe Raymond at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.