Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£55000 - £56000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Greg Wills|
|Job Published:||October 31, 2017 12:00|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Central London
Rate: Circa £55K dependent on experience
Job Ref: #65245
Our client is a well-known and established International Mechanical and Electrical consulting practice based in Central London and have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their award winning building services design team.
Due to their excellent reputation in the market place they regularly acquire repeat business from existing clients otherwise work is generally gained through recommendations. My client's proactive in their approach and pride themselves on their services, with a focus on sustainable solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a leading international consultancies London office, to lead and manage the design of some of the most exciting High Spec Residential and Hotels projects in the UK and internationally.
As a leading figure in my clients established team of expert design engineers and technicians, you will be working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, and you will prepare and oversee detailed engineering designs. As you will be working with a number of big named clients, it's important that you are representing the company when meeting clients and building relationships.
Though specialising in new build and refurbishment of large scale commercial office and university buildings, you will also have the opportunity to work across a variety of sectors such as Healthcare, Retail and Critical Systems.
You will take responsibility for the management of projects and to achieve financial and time deadlines - attending and leading project and design meetings to ensure successful planning, allocation and coordination of work.
You should hold a relevant degree, ideally be accredited by CIBSE or IET, and will ideally already hold chartered status. As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you must have excellent knowledge of building services and all stages of the design processes.
You must have previous consultancy experience within the UK construction sector. With excellent interpersonal and communication skills you must also have the ability to negotiate with positive outcomes. You will also be responsible for meeting with clients, developing and producing reports on a daily basis.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant Degree in Mechanical Design Engineering, minimum HND
- Accredited by IET or CIBSE and already hold chartered status
- You will have worked in two of the following project sectors: Hotels, Residential, Commercial Offices (new build and fit out), Education (universities ideally), Retail, Healthcare and Critical Systems.
- Design reviews
- People management skills (Ability to motivate and manage a team)
- Clear (written as well as oral) Communication and Delegation skills
- Excellent technical knowledge in your discipline.
- Have experience leading both large and small projects of differing value
- Thorough understanding of Building Services Design
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience mentoring and coaching Junior Engineers.
- Experience in design and delivery of large to medium scale projects
- Up to date with British Standards
- Must offer a minimum of 10 years UK Building Services Design experience, ideally in a consultancy environment
If you are interested in the role of a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Greg Wills on 01189-522240
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's