Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Mechanical Project Engineer|
|Location:||Kildare, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||€70000 - €85000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Heather Hall|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2019 14:09|
Senior Mechanical Project Engineers
Salary: €70,000 - €85,000
Job Ref: HH68993
An international specialist M&E contractor is seeking Mechanical Project Engineers of all levels to join their team in Ireland, working on one of the largest high-tech manufacturing construction projects in the country. This is a specialist contractor based in Dublin that cover multiple critical systems markets including data centres, semi-conductor, pharmaceutical builds, and many others.
This project has a heavy focus on technical Mechanical packages and as such, the contractor seeks experienced Mechanical Project Engineers who are used to working on construction projects which are more technical and challenging than your average build; this includes projects in the following industries (Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Nuclear, Pharmaceutical, Bio Pharma, Heavy Industrial).
The responsibilities of the Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
The Project Engineer will be expected to:
- Support all engineering requirements
- Understand all scopes of work by familiarising with design/IFC specifications and isometric drawings
- Have a solid understanding of pipework packages including testing
- Execute work in a safe fashion and instruct others on workplace safety
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR)
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS
- Regularly check and monitor setting out instruments and testing equipment
- Attend all meetings as required with key stakeholders
- Understand drawings, surveys, and materials measurements
- Overseeing a more junior team covering all mechanical packages as well as managing sub-contractors on site
- Liaise with client representatives and the design team
- Taking responsibility for the materials and material procurement on site
- Maintaining site records
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
The skills of the Mechanical Project Engineer
The Mechanical Project Engineer should have the following skills:
- 4+ years' experience as an Engineer, ideally with a recognised contractor
- Mechanical background, ideally degree qualified
- Experience on technical construction projects (data centres, pharmaceutical, heavy industrial, semi-conductor, clean rooms, etc.)
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Experience covering the following sectors is ideal: HVAC, Heat transfer, P&ID, Process, Isometric Drawings, and Project Management.
- Experience using Navisworks, Solidworks, and Revit is ideal
To apply for the position of Mechanical Project Engineer, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the data centre construction sector, please call Heather Hall at Project Resource.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project Resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer.