Senior Quantity Surveyor
|Job Title:||Senior Quantity Surveyor|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£70000 - £90000 per annum + Full Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||December 23, 2019 15:52|
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 + Package
Key Requirements: MRICS; 5-10 years' experience post-degree
Job Reference: JR69559
Claims Quantity Surveyor Opportunity Overview
A specialist claims and quantum consultancy who work on some of the largest, most high-tech construction projects in the world, are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join them at Senior level as a Claims Quantity Surveyor. This company offers a wide variety of benefits, not least of which is the ethos of enthusiastically providing additional formal training as well as the opportunity to travel around the world.
- Opportunities to work on a wide variety of interesting UK and international projects, including major infrastructure and construction projects.
- Potential for short UK and international site visits on project specific basis.
- Career development within a small dynamic consultancy with plans to expand this unique business.
- Strongly encourage professional development.
Claims Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities and Duties
The job of the Claims Quantity Surveyor will involve the following:
- Independent assessment and review of costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- An understanding of commercial aspects of main contractor and supply chain accounts, certification, VO's and final account preparation.
- Provide cost / value reconciliations to support delay analysis for claims quantum assessment.
- Review of the claim cost documents, contract documents, invoices, dayworks, etc., to accurately establish the correct level of reinstatement costs.
- Independent account of indemnifiable acceleration, disruption and time-related costs.
- Cost monitoring, including site visits and provision of cost control and management advice on live projects.
- Review of reporting compliance with contract and administrative systems and procedures.
- Experience of preparing clear, concise, high quality reports relating to claims and cost issues.
- Liaison with clients and key project stakeholders.
- In addition, you will have good experience of dealing with a range of construction contracts and claims assessment.
Claims Quantity Surveyor Requirements
The ideal Claims Quantity Surveyor will have:
- MRICS status is 100% essential
- Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying, Cost Management, etc.
- Degree or other qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Building Services, Civil Engineering, Construction Law, etc. will all viewed favourably
- Experience working for both contractors and consultancies would be ideal, but applicants coming from either background will be considered
- Previous claims experience is not necessary, but will be viewed favourably
To Apply for the position of Claims Quantity Surveyor, or to find out what other opportunities we can offer in the critical systems construction sector, please contact Joe Raymond at Project Resource Ltd.
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business. Project resource is an equality and diversity recruitment agent and employer