Connecting...

Senior Quantity Surveyor

Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: City of Westminster, London
Industry:
Salary: £70000 - £85000 per annum + Benefits
Reference: BBSP11_1501662318
Contact Name: Ben Blackwell
Contact Email: b.blackwell@project-resource.co.uk
Job Published: August 02, 2017 09:25

Job Description

A great career opportunity has just come on the market for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to work for a large residential developer on some high value schemes worth up to £70M.

As Senior Quantity Surveyor your time will spilt between the office and the site, approximately 70% of your time you will be physically on the large residential site providing hands on commercial support and managing the project along the Project and Construction Managers. The other 30% you will be in the office working closely with the Commercial Manager and other members of senior management.


Desirable Quantity Surveying experience

  • Previous experience as a Lead or Senior Quantity Surveyor delivering a £20M project.
  • Extensive residential project experience is essential
  • Previous experience managing a team of more junior Quantity Surveyors is preferable.
  • Residential Developer or Main contractor background is essential

Key Skills/ Responsibilities: Senior Quantity Surveyor

  • Good understanding of building technology and construction processes
  • Accurately forecasting and cost planning within residential projects
  • Managing subcontractor and supplier relationships.
  • Managing project activities including scheduling and take-offs.
  • Prepare subcontract tender packages, evaluations & comparisons.
  • Liaise with stakeholders of all levels

This can offer great career development for the right candidate. You will be joining as a Senior Quantity Surveyor with the prospect of moving up to a Commercial manager in the short term future.