We are currently recruiting a Senior Site Manger for a site in Stratford, London.
The position is a permanent position offering a great package.
The project is a High Rise Residential project.
Concentrating on the facades.
Please see a list of some of the responsibilities below:
Main Responsibilities: The following tasks are not in priority order
Manage build ensuring company standards and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Monitor construction working programme with contracts manager on a weekly basis
- Study drawings and be aware of forecast costs, budgets in order to minimise waste and maximise value
- Manage sub-contractors, labour, plant and materials - issuing requisitions for plant, labour and materials as required to meet programme
- Monitor plant equipment costs and preliminaries including set up, cost of plant and office
- Ensure effective communication with sub-contractors
- Maintain efficiency and high standards at all times
- Complete on time or ahead of time
- Arrange meetings with quantity surveyors, buyers and other key stakeholders (as applicable) take place regularly throughout contract and meeting minutes are kept on file for all parties to refer back to
- Arrange, attend and minute internal progress meetings as required
- Liaise with quantity surveyor and sub-contractors to discuss possible damages and time loss immediately as they arise
- Produce correspondence in conjunction with quantity surveyor and contracts manager including maintaining filing system
- Monitor and review quality assurance
- Review and manage Health & Safety ensuring company Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, to ensure a safe working environment at all times
- Record and log accident report forms in line with company policy
- Discuss site issues and progress with contract manager
- Minimise costs by monitoring and reviewing site wastage, materials, time, labour and plant
- Maintain morale on site by communicating regularly with all site colleagues, discussing and reviewing issues and sharing good practice
- Ensure good public / customer care relations with neighbours and the public
- Ensure subcontractors project requirements are met
- Check material measurement and take offs from drawings including checking drawing practicality
- Carry out Health & Safety, machinery, plant, scaffolding, excavation and quality inspections as required, ensuring weekly registers are updated
- Supervision and direction of sub-contractors to meet programme requirements
- Attend sub-contractor pre-start meetings with contracts manager and quantity surveyor
- Deliver induction to site operatives
- Monitor subcontract and site operatives requirements and liaise accordingly when they are no longer required
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- NVQ Level 3, 'A' Level, HNC, or equivalent qualifications or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word & Excel
- SMSTS certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Scaffolding certificate
- CSCS Card
- Good communication skills
- Assertive and strong persuasion skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good management and leadership skills
- Technical aptitude
If you would like to apply for this position please contact Lewis Murphy at Project Resource on 0118 952 2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Site Manager
Coventry, West Midlands, £40000 - £50000 per annum + competitive benefits package
Senior Site Manager (Construction) Location: West Midlands / Covent...
Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, £45000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + car, pension, healthcare
Senior/Site Manager (£45 - 60,000) - Nottingham I am working on beh...
Manchester, Greater Manchester, £40000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + car/allowance,pension,HC,holiday
Just NOW I received an email from one of our best clients, a very w...
East London, London, £45000 - £50000 per annum + Car allowance and benefits
We have a great opportunity with a great company looking for a site...