Structural Design Manager
|Job Title:||Structural Design Manager|
|Salary:||£10 - £600 per day + Accommodation, Flights, and Expenses|
|Contact Name:||Joe Raymond|
|Job Published:||April 27, 2018 14:51|
Structural Design Manager
Remote work from home with European travel
Rate: £500 - £600 a day
Contract: 12 months rolling
Job Ref: JR66204
A unique, exciting, and challenging opportunity to work client side for one of the world's largest technology firms in a Structural Design Manager remit involved in some of Europe's largest Data Centre projects. The job will be a roaming position with travel across Europe to various sites as required, but with the majority of work being done remotely from home.
The role of the Structural Design Manager will be to sit within the Design Execution team and will be part of the overall capacity fulfilment team. The role of the Structural Design Manager is to oversee the development of individual data centre design packages including the permit packages, specifications, technical evaluations and construction drawings on time and on budget. The Structural Design Manager is also responsible for identifying technical challenges and working to drive solutions, develop mitigation strategies, and develop cost and schedule for such.
The client seeks a Structural Design professional who has at least 3 years recent design experience on data centre projects in addition to seeking construction experience either gained in an onsite delivery remit or site experience gained in a Structural design role whilst working for a Design & Build contractor.
- Ensure that the design team is meeting all standards and requirements (local, Irish, US, or UK).
- Localising the design into a site specific building design for all disciplines, developing an execution strategy, and turning over to the delivery team for construction.
- The team consists of design managers that are responsible for 1-2 full, site specific projects from concept to 100% design.
- The team works to take the model cost and schedule and localise based on early design due diligence. This is then turned over to delivery.
- Drive design meetings and provide continual input to optimise design.
- Assist in developing Design Delivery Schedule along with the delivery Project Managers, Designers and consultants.
- Develop comprehensive scope-of-work and contract document deliverables list for each related discipline.
- Negotiate scope-of-work, deliverables and price with consulting firms.
- Hold ultimate responsibility for full review and sign off of Structural designs submitted by approved consultants.
Experience / Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years design experience with Mechanical bias gained in the UK or Ireland.
- In depth understanding of the design of load bearing structures, beams, RC, Walls, and roofing.
- Recent and multiple data centre design project experience is a must.
- Must be able to comprehensively review design specification for all Structural works within a Data Centre environment.
- Must have experience in onsite delivery/construction, or site experience gained in a design role working for a Design & Build contractor.
- Must be able to roam Europe and offer flexibility to travel to meetings across Europe as and when the job demands.
To apply for this opportunity or to find out about other Mechanical Design Manager opportunities in the Data Centre sector please call Joe Raymond on 01189 522240 at Project Resource or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Services advertised by Project Resource are that of an Employment Agency/Business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's