Our Client is a leading design and build contractor operating in the water sector. They have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks through a number of joint ventures and alliances.
They are looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Foreman / Supervisor to be part of their Thames Water joint venture framework. You will support the Site Agent to coordinate the safe management of a section of work on major projects or control all site activities on a smaller project ensuring HSQE, programme and budget requirements are set.
You will report directly to the Site Manager and the responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and implementing all matters relating to health and safety and the environment.
- Ensuring current and future work activities are planned and resources available (plant & labour).
- Build and develop the team to deliver all aspects of the project requirements; identifying training requirements, review the performance of the workforce and ensure delivery of briefings.
- Provide, monitor and control labour plant and materials to meet the programme.
- Manage sub-contractors and direct workforce.
- Assist engineering team with working method and outputs for production of method statements and programme.
- Ensure all records for example inspections, work permits, and briefings are up to date and in place.
- Carry out regular safety and environmental inspections and implement recommended courses of action as identified from progress monitoring and management inspections.
- Keep a full accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractor's attendance, and records of work-related discussions with client/designer/RE/project team.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Understanding and experience of construction techniques and best practices
- Relevant CSCS Card SMSTS / SSSTS and EUSR / Thames Water Passport
- Training in health & safety and environmental management
- Previous experience in a similar role within the water treatment industry
- Must be able to undertake start of work briefings, daily diaries, permits, supervise contractors and ensure compliance to Thames Water specifications